Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Workin Mama

We've had a pretty big transition in our family recently. I got a job offer for the Women's and Children's Pool here in Utah County. It includes the UVRMC, AFH, and Orem Community Hospitals and covers pediatrics, the NICU, and the Mother/Baby unit. This offer came at a time when we were seriously looking at houses up in West Jordan. BLAH! Things always seem to come at the same time. After a week of a lot of stress, too much for my liking, and critical decision making we decided that I would take the job here in Utah County and stay in Orem for one more year. I felt this job would be a great experience for me and a way for us to save a little more money before buying a house. So after having a whole year of my only obligation being Madalyn, granted she does take up the majority of my time, I will now be working two or three 12 hour shifts a week. I really am very exciting to start working though, the only thing I'm dreading is the lack of sleep I will acquire. I'm going to work the night shift so we don't have to put Madalyn in daycare all day. It's going to be hard enough leaving her already, but having the majority of the time be while she is asleep makes it easier for me. I start next week with my training, so we'll see in a couple of weeks if I'm still as excited. :) I also have to thank my cousin Jill for helping me out and babysitting Madalyn everynow and then for me while I have to do some of my training hours during the day. Madalyn likes it in that she gets to play with Berkley and Carter more often. This whole going back to work thing has made me realize how lucky some people are to have their parents so close to them. It would be so less stressfull to be able to take Madalyn over to Grandma's house all the time. :( Hopefully someday!

0 comments: