Thursday, September 17, 2009

What are mosquitos good for?....ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!

Last Saturday night Madalyn's eye started to puff up a little, I didn't think too much of it, gave her some Benadryl and sent her off to bed. The next morning she wakes up to this....

We weren't quite sure what it was, there wasn't any drainage and it didn't hurt her, so I wasn't too worried, but then she woke up the next morning and it hadn't gone down at all. That's when I decided to take her to the doctor. Low and behold he tells me it's just a mosquito bite. WHAT?! That's one NASTY mosquito bite. It's now gone completly down and she looks normal now, but I tell you, we felt so bad for her those couple days. She kept calling herself quasemodo, Erik called her cyclops...it was sad. She would sit in front of the mirror and just look at herself like what the heck is wrong with me. She kept asking me why her eye wouldn't open. "It's just too heavy Mommy" is what she would tell me. Poor thing! At least she was still happy and acting life herself, it must have not bugged her too much.

3 comments:

Amy S said...

OMG!!! That is crazy!!!! I hate mosquitoes too, I get crazy reactions, but never been bitten on the eye. so sad!

Jill said...

Ha ha ha! I laughed so hard-sorry Madalyn

Eliza said...

Lisa - This is Bryan...I just saw the pictures of Madalyn and her cyclops eye. I couldn't stop laughing. Too bad that cute little girl of yours had to be so funny looking, but honestly, you should hold on to that for when she is a teenager, could come in handy. Anyway, glad to know she is doing better.